Gateway Relief Efforts
Gateway Relief Effort update - Wednesday Nov. 1
Thanks go to the hundreds of you who have volunteered and provided supplies and financial gifts for our Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. We’ve helped clean nearly 70 sites and been in over a hundred homes. And there’s no way to count up all the homes many of you worked in on your own or with family, friends and co-workers. This is an important part of what it means to be the body of Christ – sharing his love by being his hands and feet to those around us!
As November arrives, A few ministries have set up in our area to help walk through all these steps, and here's how you can help!
- Clear Lake Presbyterian Church is hosting out of town volunteers for Harvey rebuild and has asked for help in providing meals. Erica Palafox-Chua has stepped up to lead this serving opportunity for Gateway and has made sign-up lists on Perfect Potluck. Our first two serving days will be Monday, Nov. 6 and Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Thank you for considering this serving opportunity!
- Your financial gifts to Gateway's Disaster Relief Fund make it possible to help many in our church family who have suffered significant losses.
- Small groups can come alongside church families who have suffered significant loss and walk with them as they move forward. You can “love on” a family in your group or in our church. Help them know they aren’t alone. Encourage them and pray for them. Provide some meals or whatever else God opens the door for you to do!
If you suffered loss, please know we continue to pray for you and want to walk with you on this journey you’re on. I can’t imagine all you’ve been through, and all that still lies ahead of you. But, you’re not alone – God is with you, and so are we!
I’m so grateful for all each one of you has done for our community. Thank you, and God bless you!
- Request a clean-up team to come to your home by calling the Samaritan's Purse Hotline at 346-208-3774.
- Volunteer to work on a team to clean-up homes with Samaritan's Purse at spvolunteer.org.
- Volunteer to repair homes at fullercenter.org/disaster-rebuilders.
- Harvey Disaster Relief Reconstruction Guide produced by Clear Creek Community Church
- Homeowner's and Renter's Guide to Mold Cleanup
- After the Flood - Information to help you with recovery
- Harvey Crisis Response Guide produced by Baker Botts